Half of my life is spent at 59 degrees North latitude on the shores of Alaska's Kachemak Bay. The other half is spent at 70 degrees North latitude on the Central Beaufort Sea Coast. Lots happens in between, too, in this land known as The Last Frontier.







03 February 2010

Back to the Grind

You may be asking yourself, "Why would anyone pack in January for a trip that doesn't take place until late February?" I have an answer for you: I'm a Field Services fueler for Arctic Slope Regional Corporation; I work in the oilfields of Arctic Alaska at the Kuparuk River Unit on a rotating schedule of 3 weeks on/ 3 weeks off. So, upon my return to Homer on February 23rd I need to be packed and organized for this trip--and I am. I will be leaving for Denali on the 26th of February and can't afford any surprises in the packing department. I won't be posting any more blogs until I get home;  in the mean time I will be dragging my hose across the arctic. You may also be asking yourself, " Why would anyone who works in the arctic dragging a fuel hose through snowdrifts drag a loaded sled 100 miles through the sub-arctic on their time off as a form of recreation?" Good question. If you stick with this blog and continue to visit you will get the answers to that, too..........Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. that is a good question! Looking forward to the answers....by the way...awesome helmet!!

    ReplyDelete