Half of my life is spent at 59 degrees North latitude on the shores of Alaska's Kachemak Bay. The other half is spent at 70 degrees North latitude on the Central Beaufort Sea Coast. Lots happens in between, too, in this land known as The Last Frontier.







06 July 2012

The Slope

It's been six months since I've been to the slope. People that I talk to, folks that have no concept of having spent years in the arctic, say it must be a relief. It's not. While I would be a liar to say that I can't wait to go back to the slope, it beats the hell out of working in Anchorage and being in an office. The slope offers opportunity; to get outdoors, to breathe fresh air, and to appreciate the wild that Alaska has to offer.

Six more months and I'll be back on solid ground. Point Thomson here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment