Half of my life is spent at 59 degrees North latitude on the shores of Alaska's Kachemak Bay. The other half is spent at 70 degrees North latitude on the Central Beaufort Sea Coast. Lots happens in between, too, in this land known as The Last Frontier.







14 March 2010

Parts of My Lung

 When I wasn't shaking from imaginary fever, or blowing imaginary beachballs out of my nose, I was coughing up balls of this....imaginary bloody phlegm. This is a tame photo compared to the piles that were accumulating in the small vestibule of the tent. Just the mere fact that I stopped to take a picture of this is a small indication that I was feeling well at that particular moment. Those moments never lasted long. I leave for work tomorrow and believe that out of 21 days off I was pretty sick for 16 days. The worst of those days were in Denali. Trust me when I tell you this: there is nothing worse than being 20 miles from your truck on  a winter camping trip when you are this sick. It sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment