Half of my life is spent at 59 degrees North latitude on the shores of Alaska's Kachemak Bay. The other half is spent at 70 degrees North latitude on the Central Beaufort Sea Coast. Lots happens in between, too, in this land known as The Last Frontier.







05 March 2010

Pint-Sized Culprit

This is my 10 month old daughter Fiona holding her inhaler. It appears that she aquired viral pneumonia from the local day care center, brought it home, and handed it out lovingly and generously. I had just gotten home from the slope, having worked 21 nights in a row, and letting this sick baby sleep on my chest while I reversed my schedule and tried to catch up on some sleep seemed like a pretty good idea at the time. Of course, we didn't know she had pneumonia then, just the sniffles. At any rate, this cute little pipsqueak infected me with a serious case of adult flu. In essence, my daughters' illness was about to fully manifest itself in me and proceed to kick my ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment